Troubleshoot Internet Connection Problems
Because there are so many possible causes, troubleshooting internet connection problems can be a challenge. First make sure that the modem power is turned on and follow these steps:
- Open Network Diagnostics by right-clicking the network icon in the notification area and then clicking Diagnose and Repair.
- Make sure that all wires are connected (for example: make sure your modem is connected to a working phone jack or cable connection, either directly or through a router.)
- Reset your modem and router. Remove the power cord from the modem and/or router, wait at least 10 seconds and then plug the modem and/or router back in.
- If you can only reach some websites, contact your network administrator to make sure that you have the appropriate connection and domain permissions on the remote access server.
- If these steps don’t solve the problem, contact Lan Pros for assistance.